Wonderful Article on how to choose genuine and authentic essential oils. A genuine essential oil means it is completely unaltered and an authentic essential oil means it is from a specific plant only.
This article explains the differences in terminology used in the current marketing of many essential oil companies. What to look for to make sure you're choosing a high quality oil for you and your family.
From this article, Qualities to look for in an oil supplier.
* Dedicated to supplying essential oils to the aromatherapy practitioner market and educated public
* Small size company and not a large corporation
* Owned by an aromatherapy practitioner or essential oil specialist
* Essential oils company has relations with distillers, if possible
* Readily supply a batch specific MS/GC spec report on each essential oil it sells.
* Readily able to provide material safety data sheets (MSDS) as needed
* Has a strong unquestioned noncontroversial reputation in the field
* Has preferably been in the field for a number of years and is well known to other aromatherapy practitioners or educators.
Qualities to look for in an essential oil
Important items to obtain on each essential oil you purchase include: Common name, Latin name (exact genus and species), Country of origin, part of the plant processed, type of extraction (distillation or expression), how it was grown (organic, wild crafted, traditional) and chemotype (when relevant).